Homes Reinvented, the restoration and remodeling division of Satin Touch, Inc., is currently seeking 4 energetic Carpenters to join its growing team. Become part of a locally owned and operated company that promotes individual creativity among its carpenters.
General responsibilities include ensuring accurate and timely completion of installation services, restoration and remodeling contracts for Satin Touch’s customers. Will work with other carpenters as needed to complete scope of work. Ensure that all projects are conducted on schedule and on budget and maintaining daily and project activity logs.
- Full-time · $25 – $30 / hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the on-site management of installation and to ensure customer satisfaction through pro-active communication.
- Review upcoming assigned jobs to become familiar with scope of work, required materials, assigned subcontractors, overall schedule and job location.
- Discuss job plans with the Operations Director or assigned Project Manager and ask questions as applicable to become comfortable with scope of work.
- Verify the plans on-site for each job prior to removing or installing any materials.
- Plan and adjust your schedule each day based on planned scope and job location. Complete the scope of work to its fullest potential every day to avoid unnecessary additional site trips.
- Communicate any and all potential site issues to the Operations Director or assigned Project Manager at any phase of the project.
- Document any change orders and contact the Operations Director or Project Manager for cost approval prior to completing any additional scope.
- Document an accurate punch list at the completion of each job and complete a walk-through with each customer for their sign-off.
- Document labor hours and description of work at the end of each day to ensure accuracy in labor billing.
- Replenish supplies each week with all required consumable materials to avoid avoidable trips to supply yards during normal job hours
- Maintain a clean, safe work-site
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and communication skills
- Able to lead others to complete tasks.
- High level of professionalism to be able to interact with customers via in person and phone.
- Focus on high level of customer service and able to resolve job issues in the field
- Demonstrated ability to use power tools and perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Able to read floor plans and elevation details.
- Keen accuracy for details including measurements.
- Basic computer application and smart phone skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean RMV
Education and Experience
- 5+ years residential carpentry experience, preferable in remodeling
- Experience installing cabinets of various types, including standard, frameless and inset as well as crown molding
- 2+ years of finish carpentry experience, required
- Face to face customer service experience
- Framing and rough carpentry, preferred
- Able speak, read and comprehend English.
- Able to work in various work conditions – inside, outside with varying temperatures
- Able to carry and move tools and materials needed for job completion (up to 75+ lbs. independently)
- Able to walk, stoop, climb, reach, lift regularly as a daily task
- Frequently required to climb heights over 6’
- Frequently exposed to heavy equipment such as delivery vehicles or fork trucks at job sites.
- Employee will regularly be exposed to construction materials and visit construction sites.
- This is a full time position that has year round work.
- Wages will be determined based on prior experience level.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finish Carpentry: 2 years (Required)
- Cabinet installation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Carpentry/renovation: 5 years (Required)
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Basic tools of the trade
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to pass a criminal background check
Company Benefit Program available after 90 days of work.